Baby Steps To Print Purchasing Know How
The Printing Crash Course - Printing School
Here are a group of easy-to-understand articles that were written to help you understand the sometimes confusing printing terms.
1. Process Color and CMYK - What is The Difference?
2. Spot Colors and Its Meaning Explained
3. Number of Colors to Use in a Printed Piece
4. Should The Color of Paper Be Counted?
5. Choices of Paper Color & Considerations
6. What type Of Coating - Coated or Uncoated
7. Here's Some Help Choosing Paper
8. Clear the Air on Paper Weight
9. What Print Process Should I use?
10. The Difference between Direct-to-Plate & Digital Printing?
11. Engraving & Theromgraphy - Differences Explained
12. Printing with Flexography Process
13. Printing with Gravure/Rotogravure Process
14. Printing with Letterpress Process
15. Printing with Offset Lithography Process
16. Printing with Screen/Silkscreen? Process
17. Four Color Process Explained
18. Printing with Web Press & It's Relationship to the Internet?
19. Shaving &Saving Your Printing Budget
20. Questions to Ask Your Print Supplier
21. Necessary Information to Give Your Print Supplier
22. Clarifications On Duotones, Duographs, Tritones and Quadtones
23. Halftones and Linescreens - a Clear Understanding
24. Moire Patterns and Causes
25. Definitions and Differences For Spreads, Signatures, and Imposition
26. Fraction Equivalents Plain & Simple
27. Inches, Picas, Points, What is the Point?
28. Choices of Bindery Methods for Your Projects Explained
29. How to Use Varnishes Effectively
30. Aqueous Coating Uncovered!
31. Details On Brochures
32. What is the Difference Between Writing Paper and Text Paper?
33. How Do I Mark Proofs For Printing?
The information contained herein is provided to educate the print buyer in understanding the technology, software, techniques, equipment and the industry jargon involved in the printing of cheap full color business cards, post card, brochures, flyers, inserts, sell sheets leaflets and other full color printing.
The sources of information assembled here are from the archieves, encyclopedias, reference books, scriptures and journals of the printing and allied trades in various forms of publication.
The contents of the information being of reference nature cannot be copyrighted and remains in the public domain. However, © Copyright is claimed to format, form and presentation, and not to the contents herein. Anyone wishing to copy information contained herein, shall do so as long as the format, form and presentation is not copied, unless a written permission is sought and granted by PrintOutlet. To obtain such permission, please email your request to firstname.lastname@example.org
Printoutlet is a low cost, affordable, discounted source of cheap printing of full color brochures, full color business cards and full color post cards. We skimp on pricing, not on quality or speed. Try our cheap printing with excellent quality and fast service, you will be plesantly surprised.